We would like to take this opportunity to announce the launch of the new Streamlining Page on TMCP’s website together with a suite of resources to help Managing Trustees follow the new streamlining process. This process was introduced by TMCP on 1 September 2021 to reduce the time that is spent on simple property sale transactions where one of the Methodist panel solicitor firms (Panel Firm) are instructed by Managing Trustees (Streamlining Process).
For those of you who were able to attend our training sessions, or who have already started a sale using the Streamlining Process, these are the resources that we went through with you at the training / that you are already using. You may find it useful to refer to the online versions for additional guidance.
The Streamlining Page is a one-stop shop for Managing Trustees. You will be able to learn more about the Streamlining Process, access all the guidance and resources which set out how to follow the new process, including the checklists and questionnaires, and access training.
Why should I visit the Streamlining Page?
Visit the Streamlining Page to read and use the following:
- Streamlining Page – An overview of the process and explanation of the steps to be taken at each of the six stages of a sale transaction with links to the resources available and training.
- Summary Flow Chart - An 'at a glance' visual guide showing the six stages of the new process, the key steps for Managing Trustees to take and when and how TMCP and your professional advisors will assist throughout the process. Accompanying guidance is available on the download page.
- Check-In One Focus Note – The Check-In One Checklist with embedded guidance telling you what you need to know to prepare for Check-In One.
- Check-In One Checklist – The Check-in One Checklist Form which is available to download in Word ready to be completed by Managing Trustees and submitted to TMCP before the Check-In One meeting.
- Sales Questionnaire Focus Note (Check-in Two) - The Instructing Solicitor Sales Questionnaire (Sales Questionnaire) with embedded guidance telling you what you need to know to prepare for Check-In Two.
- Sales Questionnaire - The Sales Questionnaire Form which is available to download in Word ready to be completed by Managing Trustees and submitted to TMCP before the Check-In Two meeting.
- ID Questionnaire – The ID Questionnaire Form available to download in Word ready to be completed by Managing Trustees and submitted to the chosen Panel Firm when they are first instructed (after Check-In One or Check-In Two). Accompanying guidance is available on the download page.
- Streamlining Sales Focus Note - Information and guidance on following the Streamlining Process for Sales and how Managing Trustees can comply with the charity law and Methodist law and policy requirements that need to be fulfilled on sales of Methodist property.
- Training Slides – Slides taken from the Streamlining Process Training for Managing Trustees provided by TMCP via Zoom in autumn 2021.
- Training Video – The video of the second Streamlining Process Training session.
If you missed the training session provided by TMCP or would like to revisit the training slides, please note that the slides and video of the 2nd presentation are available via the Streamlining Page.
As discussed at the training events, the aim of the Streamlining Process is to help Managing Trustees deal with their sale transactions as efficiently as possible and will be rolled out to other types of transactions in due course. To help us to ensure that the resources are as helpful and user friendly as possible, please let us have your feedback so that we can all work together and strive to ensure that the Streamlining Process works for everybody.